Please check-in with the front office. Volunteers must wear a badge at all times.
- Light Blue, Navy Blue, Royal Blue or White collared shirt
- Khaki, Navy blue or jean shorts, skirt, jumper, pants, leggings or skort.
- Closed toe shoes
- No baggy or torn attire
- Dewey spirit shirts (Fridays)
- College Spirit attire (Fridays)
- Throw paper towels in the trash can, not the floor or in the toilet.
- Use towels to dry your hands, not to throw on the ceiling.
- Wash your hands carefully, do not drop water on the floor.
- ALWAYS flush the toilet
- Do not bring writing implements into the restroom.
- Restrooms are for restroom business only, it is not a socializing area.
- Food is not allowed in the restroom.
- If you stay in afterschool programs, follow the same etiquette.
- Try to focus when using the restroom; avoid going outside the toilet
Cafeteria/Lunch Benches Rules
- Use inside voices
- Eat neatly
- After 20 minutes, when instructed, stand as a table to throw your trash away
- Clean up around your area
- Walk and throw trash away in an orderly fashion.
- Know your lunch numbers
- Walk quietly to the playground
- Pick up your lunch (if delivered) from the lunch shelves outside the cafeteria
- NOTE: STUDENTS MUST BE INFORMED BY PARENTS THEY WILL BE RECEIVING LUNCH FROM YOU. THE OFFICE WILL NOT CALL THE CLASSROOM TO AVOID DISRUPTIONS TO THE TEACHERS' LESSONS.
- When playing on the swings, face towards the benches.
- You are allowed to swing for 30 seconds if a line exists
- Stand on the mat- yellow line – in front of the swings to wait your turn.
- While on the equipment, go up the stairs and down the slide only.
- Stay off the equipment when wet
- Walk on the blacktop
Playground Allowable Games
- Soccer on the field
- Play equipment
- Four Square
- Flag football (no tackling)
- Hoola-hoop & Jump Rope
To reduce disruptions to learning, we ask you follow Dewey's Birthday Policy
- Establish a date with the teacher- prior notice must be made
- Cupcakes or donuts only
- Boxed juice only
- Bring utensils, napkins and plates- these are not provided by the teacher.
- Celebrations are ONLY the last 15 minutes of the day the teacher has established for the month (1 birthday celebration per month per classroom).