Having good attendance is important. At Dewey, we are encouraging our students to arrive to school on time every day! Teachers plan for the entire day--up until the bell rings at the end of the day. That is why is equally important to remain in school for the length of the day.
Here are some ways to help your child's attendance:
* Plan appointments for after school or on a Wednesday afternoon when we have a shortened day.
* Choose an early bedtime for your child. This will make it easier for them to wake up in the morning.
Here are some things your child can do:
* Lay out their clothes the night before school
* Put your backpack by the door
* Do your homework as soon as you get home!
Together we can all help improve the attendance patterns at school.
Lindsey Roach, Principal