- Please check-in and sign in/out with the front office
- Volunteers must get the volunteer handbook front office and fill out the application which includes a background check, and TB test
- Light Blue, Navy Blue, Royal Blue or White collared shirt
- Khaki, Navy blue or jean shorts, skirt, jumper, pants, leggings or skort.
- Closed toe shoes
- No baggy or torn attire
- Dewey spirit shirts
Drop off and Pick up
- Drop off begins at 7:30 am. Please be on time to pick up your children from school.
- Park and Walk (preferred method)
- Park on one of the side streets (i.e., California, Walnut) and walk to and from school
- Valet line
- Pull up as far as you can on Dewey Ave. in the marked "Loading Zone"
- Students exit from the passenger side of the car
- Parents, please do not exit your cars.
- Students must cross the parking lot using the
Please note the parking lot is for employees or handicap parking only.
- Throw paper towels in the trash can, not the floor or in the toilet.
- Use towels to dry your hands, not to throw on the ceiling.
- Wash your hands carefully, do not drop water on the floor.
- ALWAYS flush the toilet
- Do not bring writing implements into the restroom.
- Restrooms are for restroom business only, it is not a socializing area.
- Food is not allowed in the restroom.
- If you stay in afterschool programs, follow the same etiquette.
- Try to focus when using the restroom; avoid going outside the toilet
Cafeteria/Lunch Benches Rules
- Use inside voices
- Eat neatly
- When instructed as a table to throw your trash away
- Clean up around your area
- Walk and throw trash away in an orderly fashion.
- Know your lunch numbers
- Walk quietly to the playground
- Pick up your lunch (if delivered) from the lunch shelves outside the cafeteria
- NOTE: STUDENTS MUST BE INFORMED BY PARENTS THEY WILL BE RECEIVING LUNCH FROM YOU. THE OFFICE WILL NOT CALL THE CLASSROOM TO AVOID DISRUPTIONS TO THE TEACHERS' LESSONS.
- On rainy or excessive heat days, recess & PE will be held indoors.
- When playing on the swings, face towards the benches.
- You are allowed to swing for 30 seconds if a line exists
- Stand on the mat- yellow line – in front of the swings to wait your turn.
- While on the equipment, go up the stairs and down the slide only.
- Stay off the equipment when wet
- Walk on the blacktop
Playground Allowable Games
- Soccer on the field
- Play equipment
- Four Square
- Hoola-hoop & Jump Rope
To reduce disruptions to learning, we ask you to follow Dewey's Birthday Policy
- All teachers celebrate birthdays once a month. Check with your teacher to see when the monthly celebration will be
- Store-bought food items only
- Bring utensils, napkins and plates- these are not provided by the teacher.
- Celebrations are ONLY the last 15 minutes of the day the teacher has established for the month
- In order to volunteer you must have completed the volunteer requirements